Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Confused about protein intake. Help!

I [F23] have been working out regularly for about a month now on my own, but I most recently started looking into “better” exercises to build my muscle so I can actually start to see some real differences. I wanted to started taking protein supplements because I am a vegetarian. I have read that protein actually HELPS with weight loss (something I didn’t know), but I always thought it was the other way around. How do I start incorporating protein into my diet? If I purchase a powder, do I just incorporate one serving a day or should I incorporate it more often? I should also be coupling this with weight training, too, right? I don’t even know where to start ugh.

I’ve always been active (on and off) during my life, but I really want to finally see the results I want. I’ve never really lifted weights. I think it’s also important to note that I am about 5’7” and weigh about 160lbs. I do not appear to be overweight, but I would like to lose about 10 lbs and tone my body at the same time. Is that possible? Help!

TLDR; want to lose weight and gain muscle. Never taken protein before— how much should I take a day?

submitted by /u/momsammomoy
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3cLEXO2

No comments:

Post a Comment