Saturday, June 12, 2021

Do you think the intensity of how much you want to lose weight changes anything?

I've been chubby since 8 years old, I vaguely remember my first ever diet around this age. I would attempt to eat only 2 sandwiches on the weekends, it often wouldn't work but I would try so hard. I have memories of different attempts throughout my life, badly injuring myself from doing some awful squat exercises, almost fainting from hypoglycemia, eating nothing but quinoa broccoli chicken and egg and bread for MONTHS.

I'd love to know how everyone feels about this, but from my experiences I have to conclude that the degree to which you want to lose weight means absolutely nothing. There are moments when you're heavily inspired to lose weight for whatever reason, but that is just a time to try and build habits since the inspiration itself will never last long. I've been chasing weight loss since I have been a child, I've thought about every single day without fail for 19 years. I'm still not close to where I want to be.

The longer I try to lose weight the more I'm beginning to feel that focusing less on how much you want it makes it easier to fall into good habits and stay there. Or is it just me? Let me know!

Just as a side note if anyone could shine some insight on this next question that would be great, I'm very confused.

27M 5'11 - 6 years ago my original SW was 315 I lost 35lbs and had to put a new hole in my belt at 280. I gained 50lbs back to reach 330. I'm now at 250 which is the lowest I've been since 16, but the self-made hole in my belt isn't very comfortable. I can wear it but I'd much rather go for a looser notch, but if it fit comfortably at 280 the first time round....

Can anyone explain how this is possible please? I had chronic pain and didnt move much at all for 18 months, could it be that I lost 10lbs+ of muscle?! Seems severe.

tlDR MY BELT FIT BETTER WHEN I WAS HEAVIER, HOW CAN THIS BE?

submitted by /u/bochief
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3gypty1

No comments:

Post a Comment