Saturday, June 12, 2021

Gaining weight despite major changes in calories and exercise

I’m 5 ft 5, 63 kg with a goal weight of 58kg

As I’ve been getting older (29yrs), I’ve noticed that my weight is really piling on. I used to be able to eat anything (in that I’d never calorie count) and stay at 58-59kg.

For the past two weeks, I’ve restricted to 1300 max and 60 minute cardio sessions 3x per week (burning 400 calories, not eating those back) yet the scale isn’t budging. I’m hovering around 63.2kg to 63.6kg. I am someone who has never exercised in my life, so the cardio sessions were a great shock to my system.

Is it normal to have no weight loss or weight gain even despite two weeks of changes? I’ve read on Google about muscles retaining water but I’m not sure how true this is. I’m feeling really disheartened and close to giving up - just don’t know what’s wrong with me! Is it because I’m new to any kind of physical exertion? Has anyone else experienced this esp when they were a newbie?

submitted by /u/kimbecile9
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3xj88j4

No comments:

Post a Comment