Monday, June 14, 2021

How to stop this feeling of falling of the wagon after one bad meal

Hello all! I do hope what I’m about to say makes sense, but I’m feeling a bit all over the place today so if anyone needs me to clarify, please let me know.

I have been on my weight loss journey now for around 2 weeks. I was doing really well calorie counting and working out every day at the gym. I made sure my diet was one which was sustainable and planned my workouts so that they were not too strenuous for every day.

I was off plan this weekend for some family / social events and today, I was ready to get back on the wagon. I did not feel guilt over the weekend for having a good time. I woke up late today and missed breakfast and because I was due to start work in the afternoon, I needed lunch quickly. I was driving towards work when almost instinctively, I turned into McDonald’s. I ordered a double cheeseburger and a small fries. I then got a creme frappe from Starbucks.

After eating the food I felt sick. I started telling myself that I had messed up and that I might as well just stop now because any weight I had lost had been compromised by this stupid impulsive decision. I know this isn’t the case. I know I didn’t go absolutely wild, but I can’t seem to stop this guilt. I’m planning to not eat for the rest of the day and to go the gym this evening, but I know that isn’t right.

So, my question is, on days where you might mess up and perhaps eat something your body won’t thank you for, how do you deal with it? Thank you!

submitted by /u/Katrixiedrag
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2RQy2vw

No comments:

Post a Comment