Monday, June 14, 2021

Just past 50 pounds lost on the "PM diet"

Today I just past 50 pounds lost since starting mid Feb of this year. I cant tell you why I started that random day, other than we decided to take a trip or FL this winter and I swore I would ride every ride with my kids. Last time we went, I didn't fit on several rides (or I didn't even try) (SW 360). I really didn't have a plan, other than to make sure it was sustainable and to try to aim for 2# per week. I did not set a goal weight as honestly I didn't want to fail. Instead I chose to focus on today and short term immediate goals and see where it takes me. I didn't want to get into buying special programs or food as I don't feel like that is realistic forever. I really just set out to east less and be more active.

So more about my "PM plan", as I jokingly call it. I joined LostIt.com almost 10 years ago. I never seriously used it, but I do have a (very sad looking) weight history over that time. In Feb I just started tracking ever single calorie. I set my plan for 2# and limited my calories accordingly. I try to aim for higher fiber and protein, but otherwise eat anything and everything I can fit into those calories. For activity I just make it a point to walk more. I am not going to the gym or really changing anything major. Just walking more and biking a little. Probably the biggest change, and why I call it my PM plan is mowing the yard. I have a rather large yard and it pretty much requires a riding mower. This year I never got the rider out of the shed, I have pushed mowed (PM) it every single time. Rather than "walking around town aimlessly", I have a purpose and a schedule. It needs mowed, and it needs it now. :) I have already killed off and replaced my push mower this year, so I guess that is the cost of this plan.

Sorry to keep rambling, I am still just amazed with the number 50 popped up this morning. And I am amazed how fast 4 months, and 50 pounds, has gone! I am not bored with the food or exercise. I am not stuck in a rut or hitting a plateau. I am happy and it is working. I hope that these random ramblings will encourage you if you are looking for some reason to keep going. I know this sub has encouraged me over the years.

I should also mention, there is one more "tool" I use in addition to LoseIt. I track my weekly weight loss totals in a google spreadsheet to help me keep track. This is a screenshot of that graph. As you can see, just a couple weeks ago I had my worse week since I started. I got a little complacent with the holiday and things slipped a bit. I put my foot down and got things back on track pretty quickly.

https://imgur.com/a/vMtNxw4

submitted by /u/DeereGreen
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/35ltVL3

No comments:

Post a Comment