Monday, June 14, 2021

My friend is not losing weight calorie counting - does it work different for really high-BMI people?

I'm supporting my friend in her efforts to lose weight. She is about 130kg (286lbs) and 167cm (5`2``) height.
However, she has lost nothing in a month of calorie counting.
According to calculations, in her weight/height/age/activity level, she should eat about 3000-3200ccal per day.
She ate 1700-1800 for a month, which is about 1000-1200deficit and lost basically nothing, while she should have lost about 4kg. Ok, we'd be happy for 2 or 3. But not zero!
We are puzzled to the extent that she is going to buy new scales just to make sure that her 'smart' scales are not going crazy.

I'm a firm believer in calorie counting - i've lost weight on it several times myself. However I've never been severely overweight, just a several kilos over my ideal weight every time.
Therefore I've started to wonder if for very overweight people this system works in some different way? Do any _really_ overweight people here have stories that are not of a rapid weight lost, but of consistent weight loss, about 1 pound per week, for years? What was your calorie intake? What did you do to keep it on track? For how long have you platoed?

submitted by /u/mamkatvoja
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3zrsDMA

No comments:

Post a Comment