Tuesday, June 15, 2021

When ppl ask how you're losing weight or how much you've lost, do you ever lie?

I've literally lost 1 pound at this point bc I'm having so much reconditioning. Like I've lost 2 inches on my thighs and fit into my clothes from high school, but idk how to explain it to ppl when they ask how much weight I've lost or how I'm doing it. Like if I'm talking about fitness with my friends and I mention how excited I am that I feel and look healthier, they're always like "how much have u lost?" I look like I've lost at least 10 pounds, so I'm tempted to just say that and move on so I don't have to explain everything. I know most people measure their success by the scale and it's been really hard to undo that in my brain and focus on measurements instead, so having to say, "oh only 1 pound" makes me feel kinda stupid for being so excited. Also they think I'm lying, of course, lol.

Also, weight loss is a side effect of one of my medicines, which I think is helping a lot, but I don't say that bc I keep my medical condition a secret. For the few ppl I have responded with that, they're like "oh ur so lucky bc u don't have to work for it" but in reality I've completely changed my diet, exercise, and lifestyle to work towards this and I wanna take credit for it, u know? They're like "what's ur secret?" And I'm like uhh vegetables and working out? Just bc I'm succeeding doesn't mean I know what I'm doing enough to give advice. Also when I say that ppl get upset sometimes bc they wanted it to be some magic fix easy thing, like I did when I used to ask ppl ages ago.

Does anyone else feel like lying when ppl ask u about it? How do u handle the kind of back-handed compliments of "you look so much better" or "I can see it in your face and neck!" etc without it affecting how you measure your own progress/get new insecurities?

I'm doing this for me, idk, I wish nobody else would ever perceive my body or think about it. Makes me uncomfy idk how to interact with ppl when it comes up.

submitted by /u/Appropriate_Hawk_889
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3zwmrme

No comments:

Post a Comment