Friday, November 5, 2021

Cheat half-days = a week of progress loss

Last weekend:

Tracked all day Saturday with the intention to stay within my meager 1330 calorie goal (I’m 4 months postpartum and breastfeeding, so this isn’t exactly a feast) and ended up eating two pieces of pizza and some wings for dinner.

Sunday: tracked all day, ate a little candy, and had some Chinese for dinner because I lost willpower.

This week has been fighting to get back down to a low weight I achieved last Wednesday. Had I stayed the course and not gone off plan, I probably would have reached a new weight loss milestone.

Needless to say, cheat ANYTHING isn’t worth it from a numbers perspective, and definitely not worth it if you get hung up on those numbers like I do.

I’d usually be discouraged because I have a closet full of clothes that don’t fit as well, and there is so much pressure to “bounce back” after having a baby, but I’m not. It makes me more committed to staying the course, even on days where I don’t want to think about wtf I’m going to eat on top of what 2/3 kids will eat, and even when I’d rather not for the sake of convenience.

I know I’ll keep losing again, but I know I won’t get to where I’m going by cheating and effectively taking two steps forward and one step back. Lesson learned!

Happy Scale “Progress”

submitted by /u/heymariehi
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3COU18B

No comments:

Post a Comment