Friday, November 5, 2021

I need to lose 10-15 pounds by March 2022 - Is this a realistic goal?

I'm 5'6F and currently weigh 150 lbs (it usually fluctuates between 150-152). I started my weight loss journey officially in February of this year. It's taken me 7-8 months to lose 30 lbs. All I did was cut out sweets, adjust my portions, and walked during the warmer months. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be to lose the first 30 lbs, but the next 15-30 will be more challenging. Many of you may argue that 150 lbs is good enough and considered normal weight for someone with my height. It's certainly on the higher end and I still don't feel my best or even healthy. I can still see/feel fat on my body and I'm still not able to fit into all my clothes.

My goal weight is 120-125 lbs.

I always become lazy and complacent during winter. I have a history of gaining weight during this season. It's a long period of time, November to March (I'm counting March because it is a cold month) and I can do a lot within this span of time. I hate going to the gym, I've always seen it as a chore. I don't like using weights or machines. Or even doing any kind of floor exercises. It's not sustainable for me. I found with exercise, it has to be something that you really enjoy. For me, that's walking.

I've always been a morning walker but when I wake up now, it's 30 degrees F. For me, that's freezing! I've decided that I will brave the cold and put on layers, a heavy jacket, sweats, a hat and gloves and hopefully I should be good. I love being outside because it does wonders for my mental health. I need it because I have to sit for long hours of the day and study for my exams. This will be good practice for me to power through the winter months every year.

What do you think? Is my goal achievable? My cousin is getting married in October 2022, so, I hope I'll be able to reach my goal weight by then.

submitted by /u/futurehero622
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3o1g1qr

No comments:

Post a Comment