Wednesday, November 3, 2021

Did risperidone mess with my metabolism?

I was on it from 2016 - 2020. I gained about 60 lbs during that time and got up to 230. I'm a 5'9 male. I'm currently at 160 lbs, but I'm worried I may need to keep the same low calorie intake that I was on just to maintain my weight. When I was at 230 lbs I was consuming roughly 2,000 - 2,200 calories at maintenance with no activity. During my weight loss I was consuming 1,400 - 1,600 and active at least 5 days a week.

Pretty much everywhere I've read someone at my height, weight, and activity level (active about 4 days now) should consume at least 2,000 calories for maintenance. I've tried 2,000 calories and I routinely gain weight on that intake. The only intake that keeps me at maintenance is about 1,600 and it feels frustratingly low and I'm burnt out. Is this normal or is there a possibility risperidone is causing these lasting side effects?

submitted by /u/EquipmentZestyclose
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3mGPkrx

No comments:

Post a Comment