Wednesday, November 3, 2021

NSV: Unanticipated compliment at the gym

Me: 39M, SW 104kg, CW: 95kg, GW: 85kg

Current status: After years of yo-yo weight loss and generally mucking about with half-measures, about 18 months ago I started working with a nutritionist to get my diet under control. Since then I've gone through some controlled cuts (down to 90kg), and one big bulk over the summer. I'm now in the process of cutting again to lose the fat from the bulk. This is largely CICO, but with a mind towards keeping protein intake at an appropriate level.

Was at the gym yesterday and someone who is usually there around the same time as I am came up and mentioned that my body transformation in the last half year has been really inspirational to him. To be honest, while I recognize I have made progress, it's so easy to lose sight of how far I have come and only look to how far I still need to go. I remember seeing someone else in particular a few years ago and having similar thoughts to the person who spoke to me; how maybe if they could get into shape I could do the same. Never really expected to be that inspiration to someone else, but it feels really great!

Anyway, if you are still only partway to your goals, just remember you never know who you might be inspiring today! Goodness knows I have taken so much inspiration from this sub.

submitted by /u/HKShwa
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3k2KdjM

No comments:

Post a Comment