Friday, November 5, 2021

Im absolutely dreading coming home for thanksgiving

I am a freshman in college and thanksgiving break is just around the corner. I go to a school pretty far from my homestate, so, I haven’t seen my family since they moved me in-in August.

Now, I’ll be the first to admit, I have treated my body like a dumpster this semester. With weekly binge drinking, plus living in a dorm with an all expensed paid-all you can eat café (with TONS of junkfood), Iv put on 42 pounds since August. My parents had even warned me about going easy on the meals. I was already really big at around 420 pounds entering school. Now im 462 on a 5’6” body and well, things are just awful.

And as if my own personal humiliation wasn’t bad enough, my parents have been quite successful with their weight loss. This may sound insane but before the pandemic, my father who is now just 160 pounds weighed more than me. 2 years ago, we was about 315 and I was close at 310 (same height). He went from having 5 pounds on me to now me having over 300 on him….My mom was never as big as us but she’s lost like 50 pounds herself and is in great shape now….and to top it all off, my younger brothers and sister have never carried an ounce of extra body fat and have always been very active, so theres that too 😊

Idk, I am just dreading coming home. They’ve obviously watched me gain a lot of weight over the last 2 years but I know they will have comments when I come home. They really wanted me to lose weight while at school. I just know they’re gonna make me weigh myself in front of them too (would not be the first time).

Rant over. Moving forward, I am really trying to get right with my health, honestly. But im not losing 300 pounds by thanksgiving and I have to live with my recent decisions. Anyone have any advice? Kind or wise words?

Very much looking forward to the semi-annual “Son, we don’t wanna see you die” talk 😊

Also having anxiety about my parents REALLY amping up physical activities with my siblings. Like, i guess they've really gotten into biking since iv been gone and i know thats just not something i can do with them.

submitted by /u/AnthonyPhila98
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3BNa4Cf

No comments:

Post a Comment