Sunday, November 7, 2021

Losing weight for the aesthetic

I've come to accept that I had a little bit of an obsession with losing weight when I was 18. In 5 months, I lost 10 kg (22 lbs). It may not seem like a lot, but I started from 53 kg (~117 lbs). So, at my lowest, I weighed 43 kg (~95 lbs) with a height of 165 cm (5'5).

I was a first-year university student and living in the dorms gave me a lot of freedom. My parents and my older sister weren't there to nag me for eating too little.

At first, I did not realize how bad my eating habits were. I just didn't get hungry very often. Also, because of my lectures, I sometimes skipped breakfast or lunch, and never ate dinner. I was spending quite a lot of time studying or with my hobbies, so it was not difficult at all.

However, I realised, after a month, that my body looked "right" slimmer, and I started to skip meals on purpose. I don't want to get into the details, but I periodically have depersonalization episodes, so I suppose I wasn't quite mentally well either.

Nevertheless, I was not unwell enough to ignore my lack of menstruation so I started maintaining my weight. It came back, at some point. I was still very strict, but I was careful not to lose any more weight.

Everything went well until my third year of university. The reason being covid. I returned home and started online classes.

With my parents around I gradually lost my self-control and gained a lot of weight during this period. Now, I'm back at 53 kg. I still can't move out of my house, since I don't want to neglect school, but I have to regain self-control.

And I have to find a better method for weight loss. But as I stated earlier, I don't have much free time.

For now, I'd like to lose 5 kg until Christmas. Is it achievable? Is it healthy? If so, what is the healthy and efficient method to achieve it?

Sorry for my awkward English, unfortunately, it's my third language.

submitted by /u/DerivatBarbituric
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3BQXmm7

No comments:

Post a Comment