Sunday, November 7, 2021

Starting Birth Control. Did it affect your weight loss journey?

23F 5'9 SW:221 CW:188 GW:160

I've been slowly but steadily working on losing weight over the past 6-7 months. I've changed how I eat, and I've started working out regularly and I walk my dogs everyday. To me it feels like it's taking forever, but I finally feel like I'm seeing progress, and I'm almost down 35lbs!

But over the past year or so my period symptoms have been worsening. I get terrible, unbearable, cramps, and a super heavy flow. I had symptoms like this when I was in high school, so back then my doctor put me on the birth control pill, and it made my period way better, but I also gained a bunch of weight after starting it as well. I know, scientifically they say that birth control doesn't cause weight gain, maybe just some water retention at the beginning and that will go away. But if you listen to other peoples stories about it and my own previous experience, it seems like there are a significant amount of women who struggle with weight gain on the pill.

Basically what I'm asking is, do you have any experience starting birth control while on your weight loss journey? I'm terrified to mess up my progress, and I don't want to make this more difficult than it already is, but I also need to do something to control my period. Are there some birth controls that are better than others for this? Please let me know if you have any experience with this.

submitted by /u/nomiddlename8
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3bLQqfu

No comments:

Post a Comment