Wednesday, November 3, 2021

Rant: is teeth straightening really the reason behind my weight loss?

I'm 19/F/5'4 SW:156 CW:141 GW:130 I started losing weight in Jan of 2021 bc my periods were irregular & I was worried if I had PCOS so I decided to drop some weight first & then go get diagnosed if the problem persisted. I lost a kg/month until may after which I've been stuck @ 64ish kgs. I started a local version of invisalign in September, which requires me to eat only for about 3 hours or so in a day & have them on for at least 22 hours a day. I've come to visit my extended family & there have been multiple comments about my size & how I've become "unhealthily thin" Which is a complete lie bc I've still got fat rolls. Every time someone offers me something to eat, I let them know about the aligners in my mouth & they immediately comment "oh! So that's how you lost weight! Maybe I should also go get my teeth straightened! " I've only come to my native place 2 days ago & I've heard the same exact thing from everyone who's middle aged. It makes me feel terrible about how my efforts have been reduced to wearing aligners & how all these overweight oldies think that it was easy for me to get to this point. Personally I don't really see any change in my body but my mom has noticed it & encourages me. All this talk about my body has left me feeling insecure & upset. I can't wait to get back home.

TLDR: spent 10 months losing 6 kgs(13ish pounds?) & my extended family thinks it's bc of a dental treatment.

submitted by /u/Electrical-Reveal390
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3GM5iIW

No comments:

Post a Comment