Friday, May 27, 2022

Advice for weight loss after ED recovery?

Hi everyone! This is my first post on here, but I’m 24M, 5’10” and roughly 270lb looking to lose weight. I had eating disorder that yo-yo’ed from extreme restriction to bingeing for a good 3 years, which I have gotten help for and I’ve been in recovery for the past year and a half thanks to some intense therapy. In that time, I have gained about 60lbs and I am looking to lose that weight to just be happier with my figure and have a healthier body.

With that being said, I am INCREDIBLY nervous about counting calories since I was a crazy calorie counter in the height of my ED. I have successfully lost weight before too, but it was because I was restricting like nuts and saw that as “success”. I would love to start 220lb as a goal weight and reassess from there if I want to lose more weight. Does anyone have any tips they can give that helped them if they had a hard time with food, especially if they are wary of calorie counting? Thanks so much!

submitted by /u/Worth_Confection_303
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/AoJt1ML

No comments:

Post a Comment