Saturday, May 28, 2022

Before and after. How I feel then and now

I'm not done losing weight but I am down about 50lbs from last year. I thought I would document some symptoms I had from the excess weight and how I feel now.

If it helps someone else recognize the warning signs I was ignoring all those years then I would be happy.

Before: 1 year ago. 302 lbs 6'3" man. Gurd: acid reflux. Tums every day. High blood pressure. Even on meds it spiked a lot. Low sex drive Night sweats Sleep apnea Acne. Dry patch skin General joint pain every day. Knees all the time. Knee surgery Neck and back pain Insomnia on occasion Anger issues due to alcohol use. Poor stress management Poor self esteem Ignored my other health issues. Gas and other fun intestinal issues. Bloating. No endurance. Winded easily. Hard to tie shoes and clip toenails. No flexibility.

Now: 252lbs. Goal weight is 220lbs. Good sex drive No reflux. Only get heartburn if I overeat spicy foods or greasy stuff. Or drink beer dang it. Blood pressure under control Joint pain is minimal Sleep well Most of my back and neck pain is gone. Can tie my shoes easily. Great endurance. I can walk miles and work in the sun all day without feeling like I am dieing. Getting more flexible. My dermatologist commented on how much better my skin looked after 6 months of weight loss and getting off alcohol.

Goals: Continue to improve joint health. Improved mental health as that is what pushed me to drink my calories and overeat. Stress really is a killer. Build some muscle through weight training.

I hope this isn't coming off as a humble brag. I know I can fall back into my old habits if I am not vigilant. This subreddit has made me realize I need to own all of my reality and writing it down helps solidify my thoughts in a way that just thinking about it doesn't quite jell in my brain.

submitted by /u/Leading-Fan-64
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/AndTu7M

No comments:

Post a Comment