Thursday, May 19, 2022

Seeing the number on the scale drop is

Just thinking out loud here because I'm feeling good.

My (F27) highest weight ever was 350 at the beginning of 2021 (a good chunk of it was pandemic weight.) I dropped down to 330 last year and maintained but wasn't actively in a weight loss journey beyond May 2021.

So I started up again this year, on March 13, at 324 lbs. Today I weighed in at 311 lbs! Down 13 pounds in 2 months! I've been doing CICO, 16:8 intermittent fasting (most of the time), and I walk for 1 hour at least 4 days/week, but sometimes every day.

This is the most consistent I have ever been with weight loss. I have tried and failed over and over again throughout my entire life...But I've learned so much about nutrition and changed my mindset a lot in the past few years- that's the key difference this time. I think this is really the time I'm going to follow it all the way through.

My goal weight is somewhere around 170 lbs (possibly lower, I'm waiting to see how I look and feel once I get there.) One of the biggest mental battles I've faced is just how far away that number feels. So I started thinking like "Okay, 170 is very far away, but 320 is within reach and that gets me closer to the goal." And then once I got to 320, 315 felt much closer, and so on. Now I'm almost to 310 and quickly on my way out of the 300s.

It seems so simple when I write it now, but it took awhile to fully accept and understand the reality of the numbers.

5 is not that small of a number when you see what 5 lbs of fat looks like.

Days are long, but years are short. You can completely reshape your body in just 365 days. Consistency is key. Small decisions add up big-time. All of those moments where I struggle to fight my unhealthy cravings are worth it when I step on the scale and see the reward for my hard work.

My past self used to get discouraged so easily. Because of how far away that 170 number was.

My current self is giddy with excitement to see the number "310" on the scale within the next several days.

And somehow 170 feels closer than ever before.

Thanks for reading.
<3

submitted by /u/eyes-full-of-stars
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/AZyelsg

No comments:

Post a Comment