Monday, May 30, 2022

Functional Fitness for the win!

I’m only 10 pounds into my weight loss journey (started mid March), and honestly, the way I’ve eaten this weekend might have set me back another pound or two, but I want to take a moment to be thankful for a NSV.

My partner and I started doing CrossFit 10 weeks ago, and today we were able to complete the Memorial day hero workout our gym did called “Murph.” It’s a 1 mile run, 100 pull-ups, 200 push-ups, 300 squats than another mile.

I modified the workout to do banded pull-ups and kneeling push-ups, but other than that, I completed the workout with a time of 56:16!

You have to understand, I am 190 pounds of a heaving, sweaty mess, and there is NO WAY I could have done that in March. Even though the weight loss is slow, knowing I’m getting into better shape feels so motivating!! I 10/10 recommend celebrating those non scale victories, my whole perspective of my fitness journey has shifted for the better!

submitted by /u/rizreview
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/Nzde7DU

No comments:

Post a Comment