Tuesday, May 24, 2022

It’s okay to seek out help when you’re stuck - breastfeeding mom edition

I am back! Short background time: I joined and was active in the sub back in 2020 when husband and I were actively losing weight together and I needed the encouragement and motivation of the community to keep me going. I dropped down to about 152 lbs (close to but not at my goal weight) that summer and then started gaining slowly. I got pregnant and suddenly gaining weight was way too easy again. Lol.

Fast forward time!

I’m now almost 10 months postpartum from my third baby. I think I was close to 200 lbs at my heaviest during pregnancy, which is really big for me. Sometime in March, my husband and I decided to shed the pregnancy weight (sympathy weight for him - lol). For him, it’s super easy. He adds in more exercise and manages to somehow outrun his fork (as wild and rare as that seems, it works).

Me? I can’t outrun my fork. And I breastfeed. Contrary to many, many schools of thought and many other peoples’ experience, breastfeeding doesn’t just melt the excess weight off of me. I struggle. I’m hungry when I nurse. The weight just hangs out and creeps up slowly.

I know logically how to lose weight. I know CICO and have done it successfully before. But with nursing a baby in the mix, it is so hard for me to figure out my calorie count that will work without disrupting nursing. And I am not about to enter the fray of frantic parents in need of formula and add to that mess if I can help it. (I mean that sympathetically because I have friends who are struggling to find formula, and I honestly am grateful I don’t need to add to the panic of being another person hunting it down.)

In April, I signed up for a weight loss program I found on Facebook. I was looking for something to help me, and I found this group that originated with a physical trainer mom who was trying to figure out how to lose weight while nursing her baby. No gimmicks. No MLM nonsense. No “quick fixes.” I would definitely nope out of all those. I signed up for the month of May and then June because each month’s meal plan sells a month ahead of time.

I am so, so glad I found something that works for me. I just don’t have the mental capacity right now to try to put meals together for myself and focus on CICO. This program provides me a meal plan based on my stats, exercise activity, and nursing. I don’t have to think so hard. I just look at the day’s meals and go.

So far I’ve lost almost 9 pounds this month and can’t wait to see June’s menu. And this morning I ate apple cinnamon roll casserole for breakfast, so I can definitely attest the food is tasty.

Anyway, I just wanted to say that sometimes you need help, and that’s okay. I needed it and continue to need it. Wish me luck as I keep heading towards my goals!

submitted by /u/RaeNezL
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/kJBcH3y

No comments:

Post a Comment