Sunday, May 22, 2022

I started a thyroid medication and I’m down 6lbs in 10 days

I 24F just wanted to share a little win that I have had, even if it may be short lived. I had recently gone to see my primary care doctor to talk about my path to weight loss. The day of my appointment I went in and was weighed at 152lbs which has been my heaviest. I had some blood work done and discovered that I have a thyroid issue! Funny enough, people have always asked me if I have had my thyroid checked because I am always fatigued and can rarely keep up with my friends and family without having to nap during events and things. I have always had normal labs up until now and just assumed it was a personality trait of mine lol.

It’s been ten days since I’ve started the medication and I weighed in today at 146lbs and I am so happy. Truthfully, I don’t believe that my weight gain is primarily from my thyroid issue. Over the past 5 years I have had normal labs and steadily gained weight, and even more so since I started working from home. I have horrible eating and exercise habits and constantly fall off and on the wagon. However, I feel super encouraged to see the number on the scale finally starting to change even if it might just be water weight. I am going to continue to try and make changes to my lifestyle and work towards meeting my goal weight of 125lbs. (I am 5’2” for reference)

Just thought I’d share my current experience and see if anyone else has had anything similar!

submitted by /u/theirritablecoconut
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/eS8YkjD

No comments:

Post a Comment