Tuesday, May 17, 2022

Spouse is having a hard time with my Weight-loss

I (M 6'1" 25y) started taking my weight loss seriously 4.5 months ago, and in that time I have lost approximately 25lbs ( 285 lbs to 260 lbs). My wife started this journey with me and she is down about 10 lbs (275 to 265). In the beginning, we were both cheering each other on, every weigh-in day we would talk about how it went, what we can do better the upcoming week, and what worked in the week prior. We would celebrate our victories, and build each other up when we had a bad week.

That started to change about a month ago when we weighed in at the same weight. Now when I talk to her about my small victories, she just makes it about her and how she feels bad about herself. I always encourage her, talking about all the great changes she has made, and ask her what she thinks she could do the next week. She ends up just complaining about how men lose weight faster (which seems to be the case most of the time) and then proceeds to feel really bad about herself. In reality I am working my ass off! and while she has trimmed around the edges, for the most part she has gone back to her old food habits.

So what do I do? I miss having a cheerleader on my side that celebrates my victories, and helps support me while I am down. At the same time, I started this fitness journey mainly because she didn't want to be alone on hers. I want to be as supportive as I possibly can be, but I know that I cant want it more than her. Any advice on how to handle this?

submitted by /u/PoweredByToast
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3JZ8iRK

No comments:

Post a Comment