Sunday, May 22, 2022

How I Reversed Acanthosis Nigricans

Hello everyone, I’m writing this in hopes that this can help at least one person. I’ve dealt with this condition for as long as I could remember. It had ruined my self esteem. I tried so many different methods such as scrubbing my skin raw but nothing fixed the dark patch around my neck. In April, I became familiar with insulin resistance after reading an article abt it. I was already overweight and knew that I had symptoms of pre-diabetes (skin tags, AR). Weight loss was the first step to reduce AR. Since April, i’ve been on a calorie deficit diet and have lost 10 pounds. I mostly cut down my sugar and carb intake. It’s not a lot but i’ve seen that I lost some weight around my neck area. While on a calorie deficit, I also started taking a supplement called inositol and began using this lotion called Amlactin 12% Lactic Acid. I believe these three factors have significantly reduced the dark ring around my neck which was so noticeable before. I still have a lot more to go in my weight loss journey, but I know now that this condition isn’t permanent and that there’s ways to treat it.

Trust me, I know how it feels to live with this condition. Just know that you can reverse it and help treat it. I hope this helps anyone reading it. Also, remember you are beautiful/handsome no matter what!

submitted by /u/quinn_andre
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/ix1zqJy

No comments:

Post a Comment