Thursday, May 12, 2022

Traveling and struggling

Hi all!

I would love some tips, tricks and advice for people who've been in a similar situation.

I have been doing a pretty solid job of losing weight slowly but steadily since around October last year.

My partner and I are currently in Argentina for 7 weeks, visiting from Australia.

At home, I have a great routine. I eat similar foods everyday and am at a place where I only track with MFP 2-3 days a week to make sure I'm on track. I work out 5-6 days a week. I usually eat high protein, low sugar and lots of veggies and fruit.

We are visiting family here so a lot of group meals and a lot of being encouraged to try everything. Most of the food I have access too is not tremendously healthy. After the first week I'm not feeling good. At home, a 'bad' day (or week) is no problem. It's easy to get back on track. But here, I'm at the mercy of eating what everyone is eating around me, and I know 7 weeks could make a difference in my weight loss trend.

I also don't have access to the gym like I'm used to. A lot of my time doesn't really feel like mine because we're doing family things. I don't speak the language very well so I often don't even know what is going on any given day. I'm a bit shy to try the gym here on my own or even the health food stores so I always have to get my partner to come with me.

I'm stressed as I'm struggling to get all the main components of diet and exercise together. I can't buy or cook the foods I'm used to, constantly being encouraged to eat, often eating stuff I wouldn't normally because I'm hungry in the moment. I can't exercise like I'm used to. I'm scared to go home and see I've put all the weight back on.

I'm sure there's a solution but at the moments I'm feeling so overwhelmed and powerless. I'm not even enjoying the new foods that I would normally let myself because I'm worried. I'm feeling really overwhelmed. I'd love your advice.

Thank you

submitted by /u/eyo-malingo
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/pRKSGmb

No comments:

Post a Comment