Friday, May 13, 2022

Today I hit my year's goal but got called "fatty" by friends

I don't know why I'm posting this, maybe I just need some comforting. I know it's stupid.

On Monday 16th, it will be my 28th birthday and a year will be passed since I decided I'd get to a healthy weight. I started from 87 kg -191 lbs (5'1) and today I'm 61 kg - 134 lbs, not bad since my birthday goal was to reach 60 kg. I'm very proud of myself even if I'm not """thin""" yet. My health did a 360°.

Yesterday I found out that two of my friends were joking about my weight (the most socially inept one of the two decided to tell this to me). Apparently one of them said that I'm "a fatty" (in my 1st language which isn't English).

He actually told me a couple of times before that I look good, my progress is showing, whatever. :/

After one day I managed to stop feeling hurt and not to cause any drama, but I can't lie, even if we're adults (25+) and it was clearly a joke, it kind of sent me back to middle school days where I felt like shit about my appearance. It took me a lot of years to gain self-confidence, and it won't be shattered as easily (if not at all, ever).

But yeah it kinda hurt and I wish they didn't have to be like this. Like, they know about my weight loss 360° and all. Why did they have to make such a joke and then tell me? I'm bummed.

submitted by /u/Objective_Usual_1789
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/z57MUCw

No comments:

Post a Comment