Friday, May 13, 2022

My body’s adjusted to how much I SHOULD be eating

Quick backstory: I’m 230 lbs working towards getting down to non-obese. I’ve been following a very strict regiment of eating well and working out more over the past three weeks. I prep all my meals paying close attention to my calorie intake and macros, and I make sure to walk at least 10,000 steps a day per my Fitbit, in addition to staying active whenever I can. It’s done wonders to my overall energy and mentality, and even though the weight loss is slow, I’m enjoying the process of it. Yesterday was my first cheat day, and I had every intention of going ham.

Last night, I visited my parents and we ordered dinner from our favorite local sushi place. I had always been an overeater growing up; I’m the kind of guy that’d demolish an entire Little Caesars pizza by myself on a Friday night, and this place was no exception to that. I had a regular order: a teriyaki chicken bento dinner combo (chicken, rice, side salad, miso soup, and a few pieces of tempura vegetables), as well as two whole rolls for myself. Obviously very hefty and far from what a single person should be consuming in a single sitting, but it was the norm for me.

I was terribly busy for the majority of the day without much time to sit and eat, and I had only eaten about 200 calories’ worth of food by 5pm; this is also after two hours at the gym. I was famished and ready to gorge myself at dinner, so I put in my regular order.

When it arrived, I began eating—soup first, then tempura, then salad, all while taking bites of the chicken and rice throughout. But before I was even done with the tempura, I noticed that I was already getting full. I took a few more bites of the chicken and rice and ultimately gave up, deciding to save it for later. I powered through three pieces of sushi before completely calling it quits, leaving the rest of the family with a little over a roll and a half of sushi for themselves, which they finished without issue.

This is the first time I’ve ever struggled to finish this meal; even when I wasn’t particularly hungry prior to dinner, I’d never had issues finishing this meal in the past. This is the first large meal I’ve had since working hard to better my lifestyle, and I realize that I can’t handle big meals like these anymore. And all things considered, I’m really happy about it—my body now has a new standard of what “full” is, one appropriate to how much I really SHOULD be eating. And even with that, I didn’t even hit “full” last night; I stopped before I hit the wall because I didn’t like the way that getting full made me feel anymore. That makes the process towards a healthier lifestyle far more doable, as I don’t have to worry about this particular old habit dragging me down!

submitted by /u/SubtleTypos
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/ENKoqas

No comments:

Post a Comment