Friday, May 27, 2022

In a full length mirror I looked exactly the same

Showered at work today for the first time since Covid. I've lost about 30 pounds in the last few months and have been patting myself on the back and marveling that this is MY body, all the good things that come with significant losses. But in the big mirror, from 12 feet away, I looked exactly like I did two and a half years ago.

It sent me into a big honking midday depression at work.

Logically, I know the following things.

  1. I put on about 20 pounds during Covid, so while I see myself now as 30 pounds slimmer, I'm only about ten pounds down from how I used to look *in that mirror.*
  2. I never thought I looked like I had 30 pounds to lose in the first place, so maybe I always looked this weight to myself.
  3. Memories are weird.
  4. My brain is a little sad from calorie deficit.
  5. I'd been leaning into weight loss success because other things aren't going so well right now.
  6. My numbers are what they are--this entire episode happened in my head.

So, smug goeth before a fall, and nothing really bad actually happened, and I'm dusting myself off and getting back to it.

And I'm grateful for this place to write about it and read about everyone else's ups and downs. Thank you all for reading and writing.

submitted by /u/Can_I_do_this_later
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/rTOwY6l

No comments:

Post a Comment