Thursday, May 19, 2022

Down 43 pounds thanks to forced life changes, it's time to keep that ball rolling.

Hi, guys! I haven't posted in this sub in a long, long time. I wish I could say I kept on losing from back then, but life just keeps on coming. My weight has fluctuated up and down a lot in those times, and like a lot of people I stopped having the energy to try.

In January, I was in a car accident that led to the loss of my job. At the time I was working, I was out of my house 12+ hours a day and fast food became the norm and naturally I gained a lot of weight. I barely had time to exist, it felt like. Weight loss truly felt impossible and I just...gave up.

But because of the struggle with finding another job, we had to switch to home cooking to save money. It's been great, honestly, and I've learned to get more creative. So I finally faced my fears a few days ago after noticing my sides and stomach seemed to have slimmed and busted out the bathroom scale that's been sitting in my bathroom closet forever. I initially thought I was down 10 pounds since the start of the year, and was really happy about that. Then I decided to take a look at some hospital paperwork from October 2021 (they misweighed me in Jan due to difficulty standing) and it's telling me that I'm actually down 43 pounds.

But I'm stuck in the boonies with limited social interaction right now, the only person I have most of the day is myself and she's NOT keen on being a cheerleader for me all the time.

So I wanted to come share this here, because no matter what my stupid brain says, this is so awesome!! I can use this as a springboard to start again after feeling for so long like it wasn't possible anymore. Today is my Day 1 all over again!

It's too hot, dog-filled, and mosquito-y to go outside to walk, and I don't have a car to go anywhere, so I'm going to be trying to take up yoga and putting time into playing physical Oculus games like Beat Saber to get me moving inside. :)

I'm not proud to say it, but starting weight will be 393, with an initial goal of getting down to 300.

Though I guess I am wondering: Should I consider this 40lbs part of the journey already?

submitted by /u/replicates
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/t2D3jH8

No comments:

Post a Comment