Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Concern about minors posting

Hello everyone! I'm a little bit concerned about the amount of minors I've seen lately posting about weight loss. Most of them are posting aggressive/restrictive/ED plans or regiments, or are just making generally worrying posts. I know this community is for everyone, but I feel like the posts from 12-16 year olds are often along the lines of "I want to lose an extreme amount of weight in a tiny amount of time and I'm eating under 1,200 calories per day." I know a lot of teens have to lose weight too (I was an overweight teen!!!) but a lot of the discourse on this sub could be dangerous for someone with a developing brain and body. Is there anything we can do about all of these posts? I can't be the only one who's worried about them. Maybe if we had a pinned post for resources or info for teenagers specifically, or a specific flair for minors? I feel like people often comment with the same advice every time (you're growing, this is dangerous, etc) and are supportive of these young people, while still trying to caution them and keep them safe. But so often I see people commenting and somehow not realizing that the OP is a teenager, and they'll be telling OP to do something that could be dangerous for them, which is why a flair for minors could be helpful. I'm not even really sure what the purpose of this post is, other than to express concern for this phenomenon. Anyone have any thoughts?

submitted by /u/frogriverboat
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/kTMSCR7

No comments:

Post a Comment