Wednesday, May 25, 2022

Navigating Food Sensitivities and Past ED

I (28yo, f) have always wanted to lose a significant amount of weight, but now I really need to because I'm hoping to get a breast reduction. Insurance will most likely require that I lose about 20lbs before having the surgery. That amount puts me down to my pre-covid weight (180lbs), and even then I wanted to lose another 20 lbs.

Losing weight has always been hard for me, and now, I also have a lot of food sensitivities. In the last 6 months I've stopped eating gluten and soy, along with other things here and there. I can just barely tolerate eggs sometimes. Raw foods (like a big salad) usually ruin my day with stomach ache because it's too much to digest. I thought after giving up gluten I'd lose weight naturally, but the scale hasn't budged.

Last time I tried to lose weight, I lost about 10lbs in a month on WW. Then, I got off-track, and also developed bulimia. I'm past that, and don't think it will happen again -- my mental health state is much better -- but I feel overwhelmed between that past ED and my new sensitivities on how to start with a new weight loss journey. I also have chronic pain (endometriosis) that makes any HIIT workouts impossible.

Any tips, tricks, resources, or affirmations would be so appreciated. I'm nervous about starting but I want to do this!

submitted by /u/leothelyinglion
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/Vu9K82I

No comments:

Post a Comment