Tuesday, May 17, 2022

Stunned; Under 200lbs for the First Time in Many Years

(5'6 F)
I just became a member of the "One-derland" club. Went from 250lbs to 198 over the course of a year, with this year having a higher drive and commitment to myself.
It's been around 7 years since I saw my weight begin with a "1" again. I internalize a lot of emotion (thank you - abusive, toxic loved ones), but I wanted to share my success of hitting my first major milestone. It's hard to let the joy and pride ooze out, but I know it's there.

It's amazing how vastly different people will treat you depending on how much you weigh. From being screamed at and (literally) pushed to continue running and jumping - regardless of being in tears from knee pain ("you're just lazy"), being compared to other women in public, to family texts letting other people know what I decided to eat that day and let that be the round-table discussion.
It's no wonder I struggled so much with previous attempts at weight loss.
Watching your loved ones and s/o lose interest in you due to your weight is heartbreaking. Even through battling major depression, this is something I'm doing solely for me - because I want it. As much as it hurts, I removed myself from most contact with them and thankfully have 2 lifelong friends who have loved me unconditionally, no matter what the scale said. This chapter of my life is Invite Only.

Thank you for letting me share.

To anyone struggling or frustrated with losing weight - it happens on your time and your time only. There's no due date (obviously barring medical). It truly is a journey and lifestyle change, not an assignment.

submitted by /u/AOA_Nel
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/ZLmNX1V

No comments:

Post a Comment