Saturday, May 28, 2022

I stopped going to the gym and it was the best decision I made for my weight loss journey

Not saying that the gym isn’t fantastic and those who use it as their happy place shouldn’t, but I was under the impression for years that I had to go to the gym and just be consistent and build the habit every day. But every time that I would be consistent for two weeks, I would get bored or unmotivated and was just not happy. I didn’t understand how these fitness influencers on Instagram and YouTube could go to the gym for years.

Then one day I decided to try something that I liked and just be consistent at that. So I took a walk every day during my lunch break at work. Did that for six whole months; was the most consistent I’ve ever been. The weight loss was slow and it didn’t tone me the way I wanted to, but I realized that I don’t have to look like I go to the gym, I just want to be healthy and enjoy food. I’ll never have a six pack or rock-hard calves, but I like the way I look and I enjoy food, and that’s all that matters in my opinion.

submitted by /u/ciaovalerie
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/cEW3qJZ

No comments:

Post a Comment