Saturday, May 14, 2022

Today is my Day 1!

About me: 25M, SW/CW: 320lbs, GW: 190-200lbs, 6'1"

I don't know what it was about today, but today I demanded change from myself. In the morning I took time to write up a bunch of health and weight loss related goals which I have never done. Every time I have told myself to start this before it hasn't lasted more than a week. This time I want it to be different. I want to do it for myself, but I also have a toddler that I want to be a role model for, especially when it comes to health. I can't be that for him if I can't do it for myself.

Recently I've fallen in love with the idea of hiking. I struggle mentally with depression, anxiety, and was recently diagnosed with OCD. There was just something about watching these vlogs of people hiking that I loved. I want to do that.

So today I started. I took my son to a local river front walk, loaded him up in the stroller, and put one foot in front of the other. It was a 4 mile total trail, 2 miles out, 2 miles back with a 312ft elevation gain. Halfway through we stopped at the crest of a hill with a small bench and took a 5 minute break. My legs felt like they were weighed down with cement, my face was dripping with sweat, and I told myself "Hey, that was good, you made it halfway just turn around now and head back and that's a pretty admirable first attempt." And then I told myself no. I looked at the map and I was exactly halfway. I said no, I'm not turning back now. I'm walking to the end and then turning back. I'm doing the whole thing. So we did. I managed the whole 4 mile walk.

I'll be honest, I went in with an inflated head. Surely a short four mile walk out and back won't be hard. Surely I can do it with relatively no sweat off my back. Boy was I wrong. But once we got back to the start, even through the small emotions along the way, I was excited. We had a small celebration in the car. We did it.

Today is the day I decided I want to change. Today is the day I decided I wanted to be that role model for my son.

Today is the day.

Hopefully you will start seeing my posts every once in a while here with updates. I need to hold myself accountable, however hopefully this sub might be that motivation boost I might need every once in a while.

Good luck to everyone here, whether it's your first day or your thousandth. We can do this!

submitted by /u/MoonSick-
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/Is4f8ih

No comments:

Post a Comment