Wednesday, May 25, 2022

So close to being under 300 lbs for the first time in years!

Hello everyone, I am very proud of my journey so far and I'm just 10.2 lbs away from being under 300 lbs for the first time in over a decade (I know that isn't a big deal for a lot of people, but it really is for me).

I'm a retired marine that was injured on my 2nd combat tour in Iraq which although hard to believe is now more than 15 years ago. Fatigue, injury, and lack of motivation got to me and I let myself get up to 388 lbs. (something that was a number I couldn't have even imagined at one point in life but fully realize and take accountability for that was entirely my fault) I couldn't believe it when I saw that weight after not weighing in for a considerable amount of time, but I made a vow with myself that for my family, myself, and to try to help ensure that I can avoid as many health issues down the line as possible that when I began this new chapter I wasn't going to stop until the book was complete.

I set my ultimate goal at 200 lbs (we'll see where it goes from there when I cross that line), and while I still have a LONG way to go I am taking things one step at a time. Through very strict diet and added exercise (as much as I can) I have now dropped nearly 80 lbs. (78) and although it has been tough I'm never looking back. 310.2 was my weight this morning and I almost got a tear in my eye because for the first time in such a long time I was truly proud of myself. I'm just about at T-minus 10 for the 300's.

I started the Keto diet about three months ago and I feel that it has also helped immensely not only with my appetite but also my energy levels and maximum weight loss. (I was eating healthier and watching calories for a couple months prior to that)

I didn't make this post to brag (if somehow that could even be the case in my situation) but as motivation to others to let you know you are worth it, your health is worth it, and you CAN do this. I know I am, and I'm NEVER looking back. Part of this process for me is a promise to myself that I will NEVER let myself go over the weight thresholds that I am putting behind me. I am down 20% of my total starting body weight as of today. I'm feeling good, starting to look good, my energy is up, I'm playing basketball with my kids again, and today I'm going to go look at dumbbells and a straight bar.

I've kept my exercise to a minimum so far almost exclusively focusing on my diet (outside of some cardio like walking, jogging, and light basketball), but I am ready to take the next step. Today is the day I start lifting again (or very soon if I can't find what I want at Walmart and have to order online).

I wish everyone on this journey the best of luck, and just remember the BIGGEST part of this story is taking responsibility for yourself. Accountability is the key to success. Don't beat yourself up, but always remind yourself that you can do this. One day at a time, one step at a time. You can always put things off (like I did for so long), but you can never get back time.

I'm sorry for the long winded post, but I am so proud of myself I just had to share my story with others that may be struggling, about to give up, or are on a winning streak themselves. Motivation is progress and progress is motivation.

Keep it up. You've got this.

submitted by /u/Short_Station_3374
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/dUAE5ZN

No comments:

Post a Comment