Sunday, May 29, 2022

I could really use some advice

Hi ya'll, I'm new here and could really use some advice.

I started my weight loss journey 3 years ago as I was absolutely defestated when I saw the scale tipping towards the 150kgs. I got my wakeup call. Few months after starting they also found that I had hormone imbalance - basically my body thinks I'm pregnant. I have meds for that and it's been going well but there's some not so pleasant side effects.

In the 1st year I lost 45kg so yay me! I was really proud of myself. Then covid started but I was able to maintain it and even lost some more and knocked it down to 96kg. I couldn't be happier as I've never been under the 100kgs but then the worst thing in my life happened... I torn my ankle ligaments in December. It's been really rough with depression playing up again. I gained 10kgs of weight even though I've been sticking to intermittent fasting throughout these 3 years, I still gained and gained more.

I rarely eat candy nor cookies, I barely eat stuff that's dense such as potatoes (actually hate them) and I've been trying out loads of different stuff in particular veggies as I'm a very picky eater but that didn't help. I'm back to 104kg. I'd be lucky if I ate 1k kcal a day - that's one of the side effects I mentioned above. The medicine silences any feeling of hunger or thirst, I have to force myself to eat and every time I do I feel incredibly full like I've eaten a pizza.

I've been to the doctors multiple times but they refuse to do anything. After much complaining I've been put on the waitlist to have a look at my intestines but that's a waitlist of 12 weeks currently.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong and what I'm supposed to do now to lose that extra weight. I know I'll never be the perfect weight according to the BMI but I just want to feel good in my body when looking in the mirror which I don't. I'm hoping to pick up exercises again once my injuries healed but until then...

Thank you for reading.

submitted by /u/Keithia
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/t0pPYc4

No comments:

Post a Comment