Thursday, May 19, 2022

Positive Thinking and Weight Loss

I have been slowly but consistently working on diet and exercise for the last four years and have gone from (5’3) 170 down to 125-127. I realized, however that my mental health has been negative and unkind, maybe more so at a lower weight.

A friend recommended a book called “What To Say When You Talk To Yourself” and it has been a lightbulb moment for me. There are so many self sabotage thoughts that I say to myself or that others share out loud and I absorb. “My thighs are large, my stomach is flabby, this is hopeless” etc. The idea of telling myself positive programming/thoughts makes sense.

I thought I would see what others say to themselves and share a few of mine. I’m focusing on shifting away from the negative thoughts and comparisons that have been seeping in.

I am consistent in exercise and care for myself mentally and physically.

I love vegetables and enjoy eating lots of them every day.

I am strong and capable of trying new exercises and experiences.

I am thankful for my body and happy with its shape. It is unique and tells my story.

submitted by /u/TelAranRhiodTrailRun
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/Zf6GSg2

No comments:

Post a Comment