Friday, May 20, 2022

Pausing dating while losing weight. Thoughts?

I’m interested to know what others in my situation are choosing to do. I’m single and have been active on/off on dating apps for a while. But now that I’m on a weight loss journey, I’ve chosen to stop dating, until I’m at my goal weight.

My reasons for this: - I’m going to look very different in a few months, so if I start dating someone now, it’ll be odd for them/me. - Regardless of my (good) self esteem, the truth is, I have less matches as an overweight person. So swiping right now means that some interesting people will swipe left on me, who in a few months will swipe right. It feels like I’d be “wasting” them. - I’m too focused on my active hobbies now, and frankly just have less time for dating.

Mind you, I don’t think there’s anything wrong with me. I’ve never struggled to find dates at my current weight. I love myself and I think I’m beautiful. Also, I don’t think people who swipe left on me now (who would swipe right when I’m thinner) are shallow, so please no bashing.

I just… don’t see the point. Why date now when it’s harder, when I can wait a few months and date as a more “conventionally attractive” person, who will statistically get more matches/chances?

What have you chosen to do with your dating life? I want to know if im the only one.

submitted by /u/anotherbutterflyacc
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/qvwX7Wh

No comments:

Post a Comment