Friday, May 27, 2022

Feeling sad after achieving weight loss goal - am I going crazy?

First, thanks for taking the time to read this. I've been a LONG time lurker on loseit and have gotten so much great advice over the past 18 months. I will start giving some back soon.

I'm a 5'10" male, mid 30s. In November 2020, I hit my absolute highest weight of 205lbs. It was due to stress of COVID, parenting, work-from-home, drinking too much craft beer, and simply eating too much. I decided I needed to make a change. After some plateaus, ups/down, half marathons, diet changes, and a million other things, I finally hit my goal weight of 169lbs earlier this month. Seeing the first two digits of the scale read 16_ nearly made me tear up... it's been years!!

And yet, I've found that I now feel kind of sad. This goal I've always had in the background for the past 18 months is now gone.

Has anyone felt this before? How did you get through it? Any strategies or advice for dealing with this? Thanks!

submitted by /u/CHUNKYBARF
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/svN96yA

No comments:

Post a Comment