Wednesday, May 11, 2022

When did you finally see the difference?

I am a 28 year old female. May 2020 I was at my highest weight, 246 pounds. I am 5'3". Since then I've lost 70 and am currently at 175. The first year of my weight loss is when I lost the big portion of weight, about 50 pounds solely through dieting. I sorta stopped doing anything for awhile, though still eating "better" and stayed in the 190s until I regained my focus and lost another 20 just through changing eating behavior. I started walking more regularly last month and this month I've committed to working out 5-6 days a week for 30 minutes. I got over the initial soreness and am feeling awesome and actually look forward to my work out now.

However, even though old clothes feel looser and I notice my face is much slimmer... I just can't see it any where else. I compare to old photos and sure there is a difference, but when I am staring at my naked body in the mirror it seems as if I am still staring down a girl who's nearly 250 pounds.

I know I have more work ahead, that body dysmorphia is real and I'm working hard to lose another 40... but when does it click in that you look different? Did it ever for you? At what weight does my belly finally start shrinking? Like I keep wondering what that magic number is going to be where I notice it not hanging over my pubic region.

So I guess this is for people who have also had about 100 pounds to lose and have or are close to it. About what amount of weight loss was it for you when you finally realized hey, I'm looking better?

submitted by /u/moths-moons
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/5PSILE3

No comments:

Post a Comment