Wednesday, May 11, 2022

10 pounds down! My story and need an advice!

For the context, I am 21(almost 22) female about 5'2, with starting weight of around 200lbs. My goal is to get to 130 lbs by the end of this year, although I am not strict about the timeline because I know maintaining good health is a lifestyle. I do have a question at the end that you can skip to if you don't feel like reading my history :).

I was overweight for most of my life, not a lot but usually by like 15-20 lbs. I started stress eating at a really young age (I think by the time I was 10) due to family and school stress I had growing up in India. I also started dealing with depression by this age. My family members (including extended family) constantly pointed out my weight and how I needed to lose it because it didn't look nice. They gave me nicknames like cow, pig and fatso and would even hide food from me, which ended up making me want it even more. So I think as a result, I didn't end up building a healthy relationship with food.

Things got really bad for me about 4 years ago when I was 18. I ended up falling in a really bad depression and started eating out a lot more and on top, all my friends had gotten their licenses so we would constantly go out and eat. I ended up gaining a lot of weight and reached 180lbs. When covid hit, I moved back home from college and fell into an even worse depression because of isolation and gained additional 20 lbs. I would order from uber eats and skip the dishes every day at night time when everyone was asleep so no-one would see me eating. I would binge at night time. My dad even said that he was embarrassed to be seen with me.

My mother and a friend recommended that I start eating healthy and working out to improve my health and I really wanted to as well (they didn't come from a bad place, they cared more about my health than appearance but they also doesn't understand mental health). I watched lots of videos on youtube and started learning about nutrition and ended up losing around 25 lbs. But as the school year started again and due to some family tensions, I ended up falling into the worst depression of my life and got back into binging. I also felt pretty ashamed about losing on the progress I had made so far and almost ended up being bulimic.

I have been working on my mental health for the past year and I have slowly started to get better. I feel more like myself now. I don't care about my appearance but this pandemic has really made me realize that I need to be in good health, especially since I have hereditary lung and heart issues. I slowly made changes and on April 25, 2022, started to eat a bit healthier (started with 1390 calories a day since I don't do extensive exercise). I was under-eating at first but now I am eating a diet that is closer to this calorie mark.

Today (May 11, 2022), I stepped on the scale and I was down to 190 lbs. While I am proud, I am also a bit concerned that I am losing the weight a bit too fast. I was on my periods at the beginning so it could be possible that my starting weight was a bit less than 200 lbs because I always bloat during that time of the month. But I do want to slow the process down because I know that rapid weight loss can lead to excess skin, poor metabolism and even gall stones. I was wondering if there is any advice for me that I could implement for my journey.

Sorry I know this was a bit long but I wanted to share my history. If you read it all, thank you for reading my story.

submitted by /u/Recent_Brilliant9240
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/ZAIC6wX

No comments:

Post a Comment