Monday, May 16, 2022

my sister didn't recognize me

I have been in a strict weight loss journey for about a year (looser for a couple years.) I have lost 55 pds this year, 75 total. I don't see my family often because they make fun of me (weight, height, you name it). I choose to put my mental health first, so no judgment please. A couple weeks ago, my sister was in the hospital in the same city that I work at. She was admitted and didn't know they were going to keep her so I went and bought her a toothbrush, socks, a book, etc. When I took them to her, I walked into the room and she moved to put her mask back on and then paused and then said my name questioningly. I replied yeah? She laughed then took her mask off and asked how much had I lost cause she didn't even recognize me. She thought I was a nurse coming in to take more blood. People, we are in our 40s and she did not know who I was. Made my freaking day...no, made my entire year. I can't wait to lose another 50.

submitted by /u/itsOKeveryoneHatesMe
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/GBcLHRv

No comments:

Post a Comment