Sunday, May 15, 2022

I have so much more energy now that I'm 50 lbs. lighter!

Long time lurker, first time poster here!

I am in recovery from a binge eating disorder and have been in recovery for a little while now. My highest weight was just about 300 lbs but I was closer to 275 lbs when I started getting more serious about weight loss.

I finally hit the first 50lbs lost milestone! Though I do still have a ways to go before I'm a healthy weight, I have so much more energy now. Before, I had to really think my days ahead as I wouldn't have the energy or ability to do everything that I wanted. Things like cleaning my room would be entire day consuming activity... And I'd still likely get tired halfway through the process and need to rest because I was so out of breath and so out of shape.

I've been going to the gym and eating much healthier (and received treatment for the BED, which is now in remission). If I want to clean my entire apartment, it's no longer a 16-hour commitment. If I want to do laundry, I no longer have to weigh the pros and cons about going up and down three flights of stairs... I can just do it.

I never realized how limited my life was becoming until I started losing weight and getting serious about my health. I was avoiding hanging out with friends for walks because a stroll around a park would use up all of my "active energy" for the day.

Though I'm still not at a healthy weight, I just wanted to post here... It's so worth it. You'll be able to do so much more and worry about so much less once you start hitting those big (or even small) milestones. I no longer feel like I'm limited by my body - and I'm learning to love myself again.

Thank you for reading through this, and stay strong out there! (and a big thanks to this community for being here!)

submitted by /u/GetYourFixGraham
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/u2xlORb

No comments:

Post a Comment