Thursday, May 12, 2022

Don't wait to lose weight to start living

I am on a weight loss journey and I was having a conversation with a friend yesterday and I was telling her that I feel really uncomfortable taking pictures with my classmates as I am overweight and don't like how I look in real life but especially in pictures.

However, as soon as I finished saying that, I realised that this will be the last time I'm studying with these awesome people. This will be the last time I go and attend lectures. Why the hell would I not want pictures for memories just because I am x amount of kilos overweight?!

I decided from that point onwards that I will appreciate my body and my mind. That I will be grateful that I wake up every morning and continue on this self love journey. That I will appreciate my beauty and the other blessings I have in my life. That I will not wait till I am a certain size, or until I have a flat stomach to do xyz. Why should I hide my body in baggy loose dresses just because I have a bit of extra rolls here and there? Eventually, they will go with hard work and determination but if I don't work on my mind from now, then I'll be looking for other things to nitpick once I reach my body goals.

Our bodies always change. Today you want to lose weight. Tomorrow you'll be searching for anti ageing products. And the day after you'll be on your death bed remembering your whole life and how it went by so fast.

Our weight can fluctuate for various reasons in different stages of our lives. It shouldn't hold us back. I see so many beautiful people who are overweight and they dress the way they want and they exude confidence and beauty it's so inspiring.

Today, we have friends coming over and I decided to wear a black turtleneck with a pair of denim jeans. You can see my rolls, you can see my thick thighs but most importantly, I can see the inner confident 16 year old me slowly peeking out.

submitted by /u/Ihatemyskinrn
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/OhziayE

No comments:

Post a Comment