Tuesday, August 16, 2022

About Turkish Delight, feeling full, and the weirdest non scale victory to date

My non scale victory today was feeling full after eating about a tenth of what I used to. I’m not talking about eating more veg or protein or filling foods (I do that of course, obviously!) but snacky, “unhealthy” food for lack of a better term.

For eg: I loved Turkish Delight. Specifically the ones you get from Turkish and Middle Eastern shops in Germany. It’s my fatal flaw and I completely see why Edmund in Narnia sold out his family for some.

Throughout my weight loss journey I did not buy it at ALL - because the me I was before would sit down and eat an entire boxful. If you don’t normally get Turkish Delight (am not sure if Americans often have it?) a box is about 15-20 inch-long pieces of very rich, dense, cloying sweets dusted in powdery sugar. So you can see why I didn’t take any chances.

I was really craving some last week, as in a proper healthy craving rather than wanting to polish off a box - and I knew I hadn’t hit my calorie goal for the day so I went and got a small box, expecting to eat 3 or 4 pieces and call it a day.

I ate half a piece.

It’s not that I didn’t like it anymore, I still love it and it tastes just as wonderful. But just a couple of small bites, and I already felt like the sweet was too “sickly” and had to put it down and give the rest to my housemate. I can’t believe the me I am today nibbles at it till I’m happy, and then puts it down. That’s just unbelievable to me, considering just how much I snacked on it.

I haven’t craved it since, and today I took a small piece for a little after dinner sweet and it was great, but again I felt I had enough after a little bite. It wasn’t a fluke! This is actually me!

This sounds like the stupidest NSV on here I’m sure, but I’m just so glad that I’m moving away from the person who had to finish a box of something that was delicious. I can keep it in my pantry now, and take some if I ever want it, and trust myself to not go overboard. I really wanted to share it, thinking about the times I’d polish off boxes of snacks and biscuits just because they were there in easy reach. And I have so much food in now yet don’t crave it - and it all happened so gradually that I didn’t notice until that one box of Turkish Delight.

submitted by /u/maledicta17
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/iGZsrPc

No comments:

Post a Comment