Saturday, August 20, 2022

My weight loss motto: Count calories, and make your calories count.

I'm still relatively new to my current weight loss journey, but I've developed a philosophy that seems to be working really well for me:

Count calories, and make your calories count.

I've come to realize that when I used to binge on unhealthy foods that were sugary, crunchy, or whatever, I wasn't eating them for nourishment, I was eating them for entertainment. I was eating cookies because eating the cookies felt good and tasted good. I'd still feel like eating when I finished the box of cookies, so I'd move on to entire loaves of bread, which also felt good to eat. The fact that I still felt like eating after consuming all this stuff says something about how nourishing it actually was. I was eating for entertainment, eating for sport. The calories I ate were mostly empty and devoid of nutrition.

I'm now taking the approach that what I eat has to be nourishing and satisfying in a nutritional sense, and it's changed my view about food. I know when I'm actually hungry now, as opposed to just craving food. I've often heard "You aren't hungry unless you're hungry enough to eat an apple or broccoli." So true. I know that if I eat a cookie, I'll still be hungry after eating that cookie, but if I eat an apple, or a piece of cheese, or a hard-cooked egg, or veggies and hummus, I will actually be satisfied. Rather than eating fast food, which again, felt good and comforting to eat, I make a stir-fry with at least 2 cups of veggies, or a piece of fish/chicken/pork with lots of veg on the side. I'm hoping that I stay with this approach and avoid binge eating from here on in.

submitted by /u/MozzarellaFitzgerald
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/QCYXnEK

No comments:

Post a Comment