Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Advice for weight loss for intersex individual.

Hi everyone.

I have a question and it's a little embarrassing (hence the new account). I was born intersex and just recently found out this past year. I am in my mid 30s, 6'1, and about 220lbs right now. I was raised female. I've been estranged from my family since I was in my 20s and we only found out after I struggled with testosterone levels and hormone issues before reaching out to get my birth record and then testing my chromosomes.

Anyway, I ran cross-country in high school but work in an industry that caused a lot of weight gain: 12 hour days, all meals are paid for and catered, high stress, etc... Over the last month and half or so I've gotten back hard into trail running and jogging and am having a great time. I've started bringing my own lunches to work and skipping the catering, and overall have lost a little over 15lbs so far. I usually am happy at about 180ish so that's my eventual goal but I'm not rushing to get there.

I want to start a weight-lifting routine and calculate macros but I am at a complete loss now of if I pick male or female for my calculations. Right now I'm *not* on any hormone replacement therapies. My male hormones are high for a woman but low for a male and my estrogen is low for a woman but high for a male. All my other vitals and bloodwork are great so I'm hesitant to start medication. My doctors seem to think this is OK for now as well. When I hit a healthy weight we'll re-evaluate and once I unpack everything with my shrink. I'm still kind of adjusting. I get super stressed whenever I open an app or go to a website to try and narrow down a diet routine and weight-lifting program. I know most of this personal stuff that I still need to unpack.

I understand this is a super specific situation but I was wondering if there is anyone else out there with a similar circumstance or advice? Do weight lifting routines really change that much for men and women keeping in mind I'm over 6' tall? I'm a little embarrassed to go to a trainer/nutritionist and open up and ask advice.... (don't worry I'm working through those issues in therapy). Sorry if that was a lot and thank you in advance.

PS: I present as female and use she/her pronouns as I always have since I was born.

submitted by /u/1stpersonadventures
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/5cdCXP2

No comments:

Post a Comment