Tuesday, August 16, 2022

I got yelled at for eating a potato today.

I have a very controlling mother. During the pandemic I gained ~60 lbs (24 yo female). This gaining of weight is like the worst sin I could’ve done in my mother’s eyes, she’s been monitoring/controlling/obsessing about my weight since my freshman year of HS. Since the beginning of May I’ve worked my ass off and have lost ~30 lbs. I’ve been seeing a weight loss physician to support me. Anyway I chopped up a single potato and cooked it in the airfryer. I had ~1/4 of the potato with a small burger on a 647 bun. I was a happy bean eating my healthier version of going out for fast food/bar food. My mother comes down and asks me if I made sweet potato in the airfryer and I told her it was a regular potato. She completely lost her shit. Ranting about how I’m falling back into old habits, my GI said eat a Mediterranean diet, potatoes are terrible for you, etc. I tried to reason with her that you can eat potatoes on a Mediterranean diet (just not everyday) and how my dietician said it was okay for me to eat. She has it in her brain that sweet potatoes are so much better for me. I ended up having to agree with her just so we could move on. Idk this was basically my only meal today I was super busy packing for my upcoming move, I don’t think I made some huge terrible mistake. I portion controlled, stopped when I was full. I know I shouldn’t let it get to me, especially with all the progress I’ve made. Just feeling down. My move can’t come soon enough (8 more days!). How do you deal with your obsessive family? My boundaries are never respected. My mother has already commented that she’s going to FaceTime me every day to see what I’m eating. I’m having none of that, I won’t be answering.

submitted by /u/HarderToBreathe97
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/v0xzfs4

No comments:

Post a Comment