Wednesday, August 10, 2022

How much time should I allow for results to determine effectiveness of body recomp?

I lost 70+lbs last year and after some poor dietary changes I gained back about 20lbs over a few months this year. During my weight loss I lost a lot of muscle. So now I am focusing more on recomp. I don’t know my bf% but I know it’s still pretty high. I’m a female around 165lbs at 5’6”.

I’m eating between 1600-1800 calories/day and doing 45 minutes of weights/resistance 6 days a week and walking daily with some other activities- SUP, biking, swimming- a few times a week.

I really want to build muscle and gradually lose fat. However, I’m a bit discouraged watching the scale since my previous weight loss went pretty quick and the changes in my body are not super noticeable.

How long should I give recomp a try before assessing whether or not it’s actually effective?

submitted by /u/avid_life
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/0d5EbZl

No comments:

Post a Comment