Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Fit Into My Jeans!

I've never smiled so much after putting on a pair of pants.

Sorry this is so long, I just had to tell someone.

A little background: I went on a fairly successful weight loss journey in 2017/2018. I dropped over 40 pounds, was boxing, running, and generally feeling pretty great. Cue starting grad school and then Covid and all that weight came back and brought a few friends with it. One year ago I went to the doctor for the first time in quite a while and discovered that I was at my highest ever weight by about ten pounds. I was devastated, embarrassed, and it felt almost impossible to get back on the wagon.

I started slowly making changes, but couldn't quite get myself to jump fully back into weight loss. It was my final year of grad school and writing my thesis while in a significant calorie deficit just felt impossible. I did manage to drop ten pounds over about eight months, so at least I was sure the situation wasn't getting worse. Sometime during the course of those eight months I ordered two pairs on jeans online. They were the same size (the size I was confident I was) but different styles. When they arrived, one fit perfectly and the other couldn't even make it over my thighs much less actually buckle. I don't know if it was mislabelled or if the style just ran that much smaller, but there was no way it was fitting. I meant to send it back, but one thing led to another and I forgot.

So for months now I've had these jeans sitting in my closet reminding me of the fact that I can't fit into them.

Anyway, I graduated in may, got a job with reasonable hours, started swimming this summer, and really tried to dedicate myself to my health. I figured I'd spent that time getting my education where it needed to be, and it was time for my priorities to shift. I'm currently down 30 pounds from my highest weight and everything seems to be trending in the right direction.

This morning, on a whim, I decided to try those jeans back on. And guess what? They fit. Ironically the style isn't my favorite and I might have returned them anyway, but at this exact moment I feel like wearing these jeans every freaking day just because I can.

Keep going! There will be bumps in the road and sometimes weight loss won't be your first priority, but it's so, so worth it for these moments of success.

tldr: couldn't wear pants, lost weight, can wear pants.

submitted by /u/FullIn96
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/R94hfOc

No comments:

Post a Comment