Thursday, August 25, 2022

Lost 140lbs in a year!

Image: https://imgur.com/a/sggA0ao

Hey everyone! Hope the weight loss journey is going well! I recently found this subreddit and I wanted to share my experience over the last year and a half.

I was able to lose about 140lbs last year! Through diet and exercise (mostly walking) I was losing 10lbs a month for the first half of the year until my ex and I broke up. I then decided to try the David Goggins approach (90lbs in 90 days). I lost 60lbs in 60 days and kept it off!!!!! After those 60 days I went back to about 10lbs per month. Until I plateaued near the end of the year.

I started lifting about half way through and running daily. I almost finished my first marathon which was awesome! I got injured around 18 miles though because I overdid it the week before and had a shin splint.

This year I’ve been lifting and did a little bit of a dirty bulk gaining back about 30lbs but my 1RM bench press went from like 100lbs to 200lbs! And most of my other lifts improved greatly too! My run mileage went down but I still get 10k-20k steps.

I cannot begin to explain how much better I feel!!!!! This was one of the greatest experiences of my entire life and I’m so grateful I kept at it everyday. I’m finally loving myself!!!!

If anyone has any questions or want encouragement let me know!

Thanks for reading!

submitted by /u/LightSpeedGiant
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/d9KCtMJ

No comments:

Post a Comment